Even if you’re not planning to play into all the V Day hype this year, do one thing: Make yourself a strawberry mimosa. We’re all mimosa freaks. Who doesn’t love sipping on a glass of champagne at brunch? We like to cut the bubbly with so much more than O.J.: apple cider (OMG, try this immediately), pineapple juice, and pear nectar are all fantastic complements to the sparkling bevvy.
We did a little bit of experimenting with these mimosas. We didn’t want the strawberry bits to stand out too much, and we also wanted to make sure the sugar content in the strawberries didn’t make the mimosa separate too much. The solution? Blending together the strawberries with a little splash of champagne, then topping it off with more bubbly.
Enjoy these on their own, in a tub, or to wash down these strawberry shortcake breakfast skewers.
- 1 c. chopped strawberries
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 c. champagne, plus more for topping off flute
- Sliced strawberries, for garnish
1. In a blender or food processor, blend strawberries, sugar, and champagne until fully combined, then pour into champagne flutes and top with more bubbly.
2. Garnish with a strawberry slice and serve.