For a healthy breakfast or brunch, prepare a crustless quiche, with eggs, spinach, mushrooms, cheddar, and fresh herbs.
|Olive oil (for the dish)|
|1½||tablespoons olive oil|
|1||onion, coarsely chopped|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|3||cloves garlic, finely chopped|
|10||button mushrooms, stemmed, caps coarsely chopped|
|1||bag or box (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach|
|¼||cup whole milk|
|1||teaspoon chopped fresh thyme|
|1||teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary|
|½||cup grated sharp cheddar|
1. Set the oven at 350 degrees. Oil a 9-inch pie pan.
Continue reading below
2. In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat the
1½ tablespoons olive oil. Add the onion, salt, and pepper. Cook , stirring often, for 8 minutes, or until
it softens. Add the garlic and mushrooms. Continue cooking, stirring often, for 8 minutes, or until the mushrooms release their juices and the juices
3. Add the spinach in batches, turning them
constantly until the first batch wilts, so more fits into the pan. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until all the leaves wilt and the liquid evaporates. Transfer to the pie pan.
4. In another bowl, beat the eggs, milk, flour, thyme, rosemary, salt, and black pepper.
5. Sprinkle the vegetables with cheese. Pour the egg mixture on top. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or unti
the top is golden and the center is set.