Makes one 9-inch pie
The topping for this pie was inspired by the pineapple cheesecake at Lindy’s in New York. To spread the crumb mixture evenly, sprinkle it over the bottom of the pan, set an 8-inch pie pan on top, and press the crumbs on the bottom and up the sides of the buttered pan.
|Butter (for the pan)|
|1||cup graham cracker crumbs|
|⅓||cup walnuts, finely chopped|
|5||tablespoons unsalted butter, melted|
Continue reading below
1. Butter a 9-inch pie pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine the graham crumbs, walnuts, sugar, and butter. With a large rubber spatula mix until evenly blended. Transfer the mixture to the pan and press evenly onto the bottom and sides. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
|12||ounces cream cheese, at room temperature|
|1||teaspoon vanilla extract|
|¼||teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|⅔||cup heavy cream|
1. Set the oven at 350 degrees.
2. In an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the sugar, eggs, vanilla, and nutmeg until evenly blended. Stir in the cream. Pour the mixture into the crust.
3. Bake the pie for 25 minutes or until the edges are set and the center is slightly jiggly.
4. Set the pie on a wire rack. Cool to room temperature. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
|1||can (about 8 ounces) crushed pineapple|
1. In a small saucepan combine the pineapple, sugar, and cornstarch. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and comes to a boil. Set aside to cool.
2. Spread the pineapple over the top of the pie.