|Olive oil (for the pan)|
|6||cups cooked new potatoes|
|3||cups chopped ham|
|2||cups shredded Havarti|
|1||cup chopped fresh parsley|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|3||tablespoons olive oil|
|½||cup sour cream|
|¼||cup chopped fresh chives|
1. Set the oven at 200 degrees. Oil a rimmed baking sheet.
2. In a large bowl with a potato masher, smash the potatoes and onions. Stir in the eggs, ham, Havarti, parsley, salt and pepper.
Continue reading below
3. Form 6 oval-shaped cakes that are about ¾- to 1-inch thick.
4. In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil. When it is hot, add 1 tablespoon butter. When it melts, place 2 cakes in the skillet. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden on the bottoms. Using a wide metal spatula, carefully turn the cakes. Continue cooking for 5 to 8 minutes or until the cakes are golden on the bottom. Transfer them to the baking sheet and keep warm in oven. Repeat with remaining mixture.
5. Top each hash brown cake with sour cream and chives. Serve with salad. Karoline Boehm Goodnick