This tasty pumpkin pancake recipe is a simple and delicious choice for Fall. Mix up your morning routine a bit for this recipe that smells great even before you cook.
There were a lot of ingredients for this recipe that I did not have, so I to did a quick supermarket run. The original recipe actually calls for ground ginger (1/2 tsp.) which I left out in this batch.
Add the dry ingredients to the larger bowl where you will mix everything together later. It’s less of a mess to pour the wet ingredients into the dry, so you don’t have flour flying everywhere.
Wet ingredients + scoop of pumpkin. The smell of the pumpkin makes me think of baby food. You can use fresh pumpkin too, but I’m saving that for this year’s carving. Pour the wet into the dry, and mix just enough to combine until it smells like holidays.
Pumpkin Pancakes Print Prep time 15 mins Cook time 20 mins Total time 35 mins Author: Hungry Huy, adapted from AllRecipes Serves: 4 Ingredients
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Combine dry ingredients into one bowl. Combine wet ingredients into another bowl (sugar is a wet ingredient!). Pour wet ingredients into the dry. Mix just enough to combine.
- Add a bit of oil or butter to the pan (on medium-low to medium heat) before each pancake. Scoop roughly ¼ cup of batter for each pancake. Brown on first side, then flip.