I like Cranberry Orange Pound Cake very much as it is very delicious. This tasty take on the classic basic cake adds that classic Christmas fruit and some zesty citrus for a colorful, beautiful dessert everybody will love. When it’s topped with a perfectly creamy frosting, it’s absolutely to die for. You’ll find yourself waking up the morning to sneak a leftover piece for breakfast— if it’s not already gone! Watch us make it, then read on for the recipe to try it yourself.
Cranberry Orange Pound Cake
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- 1-⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1-½ tablespoons orange zest, divided
- 1-½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup mascarpone
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup fresh cranberries
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
Orange Cream Cheese Frosting
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 4 teaspoons orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius). Butter and flour a 8.5-inch-by-4.5-inch-by-3-inch loaf pan, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, kosher salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, beat together the butter, 1 tablespoon of the orange zest and the sugar. Add the mascarpone and beat until incorporated.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Mix in the heavy cream and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix until fully blended.
- Toss the cranberries and a handful of flour together, then fold into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake 55 to 65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the cake is golden brown on top.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool 15 minutes before removing from the pan. Cool the cake completely on a cooling rack.
- Prepare the frosting by beating the butter and cream cheese together in a medium-sized bowl. Add the powdered sugar and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add the orange juice and continue to beat until fully blended.
- Pour the frosting over the cooled cake. Sprinkle with chopped dried cranberries and orange zest.
Beautiful! This pound cake is just perfect for Christmas time, with all the lovely colors of the cranberries and orange zest, and that creamy icing looks like new-fallen snow. Perfect!
Now what do YOU think of it? Have you ever made a fruity pound cake like this one before? Will you give this recipe a try? Tell us what you think, let us know if you give it a try, and be sure to share how it all turns out for you!