I want to share these Funfetti Mini Cheesecakes with you to celebrate the new year. I just can’t give up desserts. I like to eat healthy most of the time so I can splurge on dessert.
You try these fun funfetti cheesecakes instead of making a funfetti cake for an upcoming birthday or party! They are an exciting change to funfetti cake, they still have that same classic flavor plus the added decadence and flavor of cheesecake. Everyone of all ages will love them!
With these you start out with a crispy, buttery, vanilla wafer cookie base and then top that with a rich and luscious, perfectly sweet and creamy, rainbow dotted, almond and vanilla flavored cheesecake (which the almond extract and vanilla extract give it the typical funfetti flavor). Everyone will be wanting another – so you may just want to make a double batch :).
- 1 cup (107g) vanilla wafer cookie crumbs, from about 29 cookies
- 1 Tbsp (13g) granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp (42g) unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp (13g) all-purpose flour
- 16 oz (453g) cream cheese, softened well
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup (59g) sour cream
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/4 cup + 2 tsp (55g) rainbow jimmies sprinkles, roughty chopped, divided, plus more for serving
- Sweetened whipped cream, for serving
- For the crust:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a medium mixing bowl whisk together cookie crumbs and sugar. Pour in melted butter and stir with a fork until evenly moistened. Divide mixture among 12 paper lined standard size muffin cups, adding about 1 heaping tablespoon to each. Press crust into an even layer in each cup. Bake in preheated oven 6 minutes then remove from oven and let cool.
- For the filling:
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together sugar and flour. Add softened cream cheese to a separate large mixing bowl. Pour sugar mixture over cream cheese and using an electric hand mixer cream together just until mixture is smooth, while scraping sides of bowl occasionally, about 30 seconds. Mix in eggs one at a time blending just until combined after each. Mix in sour cream, heavy cream, vanilla extract and almond extract. Pour in 1/4 cup of the jimmies and fold batter with a spatula just to evenly distribute. Divide mixture among muffin cups pouring over crust layer and filling each cup nearly full. Sprinkle tops with remaining 2 tsp sprinkles. Bake in preheated oven until cupcakes only giggle slightly, about 20 minutes (they may crack just a little but that’s fine, they’ll deflate and cracks shouldn’t be visible). Let cool at room temperature 30 minutes then transfer to refrigerator and chill 3 hours (preferably rest a 13 by 9-inch cake pan lid over muffin pan – one that doesn’t touch cheesecakes, don’t cover with plastic wrap or it will stick). Serve chilled with whipped cream and sprinkles.