This is a variation of pasta and meat sauce that I enjoy because it’s simple, but great. It’s very convenient too because I can pretty much cook it one day and eat for a few more days of the week depending on the batch size.
Just choose your favorite pasta, and pasta sauce and you’re good to go. I used fettuccine for this one, but spaghetti works well too. For the ground beef I went with 10% fat and didn’t drain after the saute, but of course you can adjust that to your taste.
If you have time, add some sauteed mushrooms to this to boost the flavor. I could add mushrooms to just about any dish and love it, but I ran out.
Add as much cheese as you like on top with a side of garlic bread too. Here I used mozzarella cheese with a side of Hawaiian bread. Top with chili flakes for some kick.
Who says delicious has to be complicated?
Beefy Tomato Sauce & Pasta (Spaghetti, Fettuccine) Print Prep time 5 mins Cook time 15 mins Total time 20 mins Author: Hungry Huy Serves: 3 Ingredients
- 1 lb pasta (spaghetti, fettuccine, whatever you like)
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- pinch of salt
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 jar of pasta sauce
- sprinkle of mozzarella
- chili flakes
- herb seasoning (basil, parsely)
- garlic bread
- Boil pasta in salty water until al dente, drain.
- Add oil and onion to large pan with pinch of salt and saute until lightly brown and translucent. Add garlic during the last 2 minutes of saute.
- Add beef to pan and cook until no longer pink (medium to med-high heat), then add sauce to warm.