It is important to know which vegetables are must-haves if you’re planning to go on a detox diet. Some vegetables are just so good at detoxifying your body that they become a staple in every detox diet. Here are some such vegetables that you just cannot do without.
1. Beetroot. Beetroot has been called super food by nutritionists and dieticians owing to its toxin-flushing, cancer-fighting, liver-protecting properties. If you are planning to detox, then beetroot is your hero. It will help flush out all the toxins from your body and cleanse your liver. So be sure to add beetroots to your diet. You can include it in many different forms—slice it up and put it in your salad, blend it to make a puree, Have it as a juice, or steam and eat.
2. Garlic. Garlic is another wonder food to add to your detox plan. Not only does it improve your immunity but it also helps your liver function to its full potential. The great thing about including garlic in your diet is that it will add some much needed flavour to an otherwise bland diet.
3. Broccoli. A cup of broccoli a day is sure to keep the doctor away. Broccoli contains components that help your body in eliminating toxins easily. It has cancer fighting properties as well and is known to be an effective cure for PMS. So go ahead and dig into that bowl of steamed broccoli to get your detox started!
4. Cauliflower. A cup of cauliflower takes care of almost 70 percent of your daily vitamin C requirements. Cauliflowers contain anti-inflammatory properties that help your detox process. As it is high in fibre, it aids with digestion. So steam, sauté, boil or even eat it raw to get all the benefits that it has to offer.
6.Ginger. If you are looking to heal and cleanse your liver, especially repair it from the damage caused by alcohol and toxic food, then ginger is your saviour. Just boil some ginger in water and drink this throughout the day. Alternatively you can also try drinking ginger tea to get its benefits.
7. Asparagus and Artichokes. Asparagus and artichokes are both super detox vegetables. The only problem with them is that they are not so easy to come by and are quite expensive. But if you manage to find them, then be sure to include them in your detox diet.
While this is a list of vegetables that will help you detox and cleanse your body, it is of no use if you don’t stick to your diet of healthy food. There are some things that you should absolutely avoid while detoxifying and these include alcohol, caffeinated drinks, and sweets and sugary foods. You should also take care not to over-eat as this is the time for your body to relax and let go of all the bad stuff. For your body to successfully detox, you need to provide it with a compatible environment that aids the process.